Start Date: Feb. or Mar. 2020
Our client is in the energy transport business and seeking a Logistics Specialist.
- Source and procure carrier services to ensure timely pick-up and delivery of customer freight
- Ensure that the system is updated with the most accurate information on our carrier base
- Negotiate with carriers to maximize profitability of loads consigned to you
- Communicate existing or potential service problems to the account manager
- Monitor service providers to ensure that company and customer service requirements are being met
- Develop and grow core/key carriers to provide additional capacity
- Identify service and cost improvement opportunities and synergies
- Act as a facilitator for carrier problem resolution
- Proven experience as a Logistics Specialist within a 3PL brokerage/transportation environment
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Quick learner who is successful at multi-tasking
To apply for this position, send your resume to Hayley at firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job number 18024.